SAC Adventure Camps
On no-school/vacation days, embark on an exciting field trip to fun nearby locations. During the 2020-21 school year Adventure Camps have been replaced with full-day themed activities at BVSD locations. Previous trips have included:
|Downtown Aquarium||Anderson Farms|
|Denver Zoo||Mid-Air Adventures|
|Fiske Planetarium||Adventure Golf|
|Progresh||Cheer Central Suns|
|Chautauqua Park||Colorado Ballet|
Remaining Full Camp Cays (2020-2021 school year)
April 16 & 19
Camp Locations and Sister Sites
Coal Creek (sister sites - Fireside, Eldorado, Monarch)
Eisenhower (sister sites - Douglass, Heatherwood)
Emerald (sister sites - Birch, Kohl, Aspen Creek)
Lafayette (sister sites - Pioneer, Sanchez, Ryan)
Mesa (sister sites - Flatirons, Uni Hill, Bear Creek, Community Montessori, Columbine
Full Day Adventure Camps on No School/Vacation Days
Sign Up Policies
SAC provides a Full Day Adventure Camp program in line with the BVSD calendar, on the following days under the following conditions. Please note the deadline dates for each camp and the days that the SAC program does not provide care at the bottom of page.
Planning for Adventure Camp when school is out involves reserving the appropriate number of buses for field trips 2 weeks in advance, making accurate reservations for field trips, purchasing appropriate supplies and snacks, staffing for appropriate ratios and sites and accommodating the children who need care for the day. Our objective is to manage the fees you pay in the most cost effective manner we can. In order to be successful with planning and keeping parent fees reasonable, we need to know how many children will be attending on each Adventure Camp, at least three weeks ahead of time. School locations for Full Day Adventure Camp may vary depending on the school maintenance needs and the number of children attending. Because SAC sites are combined, SAC staff from another site not familiar with other SAC locations, families may ask for a photo ID on pick up for the safety of your child.
- SAC Families wanting to attend the Full Day Adventure Camps must register through their Parent Portal and clicking on the “registration” link from their home page. Families will be charged at the time of the request. New Families without a SAC account will register through the BVSD Child Care website as a Drop-In ($60 initial registration fee). Once approved, you will be able to register for the Adventure Camps through the Parent Portal.
- CCAP Families will request attendance through the SAC Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the cutoff date for each camp (see below), children may still register for camp, if space is available, and charged the late camp fee. After the cutoff date, the camp fee is non-refundable.
- If you reserve a space and your child does not attend for any reason, the camp fee is nonrefundable, as we have already reserved bus space, field trip and staffed for your child. We do not refund for absences, vacations or school cancellation days.
- Any persons authorized to pick up your child may be asked to show I.D and listed as an emergency contact.