School Age Care
Enhance the important before and after school hours of your student's day with School Age Care (SAC). This inclusive, fee-based, licensed program provides a safe, fun and enriching environment led by skilled professionals. Field trips, structured homework time and arts & crafts provide a perfect balance to complement the school day with smiles all around.
Children from grades kindergarten through 8th are welcome. BVSD locations include:
|Aspen Creek PK-8||Birch||Coal Creek||Community Montessori|
|New Child Care Families
|Existing EC/CMS/SAC Families
LOG IN / REGISTER
Payment assistance is available for families in need
For consideration, please submit an application to BOTH BVSD's Free and Reduced Lunch Program and the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP). Once approved, email Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering for child care.
- What are the hiring qualifications for the School Age Care (SAC) staff?
- Will the same social distancing, mask requirements that are in place during the school day still be followed at SAC?
- Which spaces in each school will SAC be able to use?
- During "home learning", how will SAC work at the schools?
- Will school lunch be available for kids in child care?
- Will operating days of Child Care Programs change in each of the phases?
- If the center closes due to COVID, do I get a refund for days missed due to the closure?
- What are the protocols in place to ensure staff is healthy to report to work each day?
- What will pick up and drop off look like? Will I come into the building to drop off each day?
- What will the day look like?
- My child attends school in another school district. Are they eligible to attend the BVSD school age care program?
- Which entity licenses the School Age Care program?
- Where can I find more detailed information about BVSD's Child Care programs?
- Are Boulder Universal students eligible for BVSD child care?
SAC children decide their own path every day with a choice of seven learning zones.
Construction Zone: Building structures with a variety of materials
Creative Expression Zone: Express yourself through music and crafts
Quiet Zone: Engage in calm and silent activities
Connection Zone: Interact and cooperate through imaginary play
Discovery Zone: Explore the world through STEM and thematic units
Kid Zone: Student-led special activities (magic, origami, etc.)
Club Zone: Staff-led activities centered on a wide range of hobbies